Best Practice Standards
We constantly strive to establish, maintain and improve our market position as the preferred development and project management partner in all major property industry sectors. This commitment extends to ensuring complete satisfaction for our clients, adding value at each stage of every project. Plus, we’re also committed to environmentally sustainable development, managing our own use of energy, water and materials in the most environmentally sound way possible.
We take a holistic approach to management, providing mitigation plans, risk analyses, assistance with decision-making and controlling time, cost and implementation.
Here are just some of the ways we add value through our management processes:
- Complying with statutory obligations, standards and codes of practice relevant to quality management and the environment in which we work;
- Establishing, monitoring and auditing projects to ensure compliance against ISO 9001 & ISO 45001 standards;
- Ensuring that relevant, appropriate and achievable objectives and targets are established and that they are reviewed regularly by senior management;
- Employing suitably qualified, skilled, experienced and motivated employees;
- Educating and training personnel to continually improve employee skills, awareness and knowledge of quality issues and practices;
- Establishing and reviewing performance measures and taking action to improve performance and the quality management system;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality and environmental performance of consultants, subcontractors and suppliers and implementing effective communication with all parties on quality issues.
Momentum’s Intergrated Management System is accredited to the international standard & conforms to the requirements of:
- Quality Management System (AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015)
- Occuational Health & Safety (AS/NZS ISO 45001:2015)